My name is Janice Broyles, and I appreciate meeting you (even if it is online). There is so much to me, that I decided to create a list:
- I am a Michigan native. Born in Royal Oak, I lived in Madison Heights most of my childhood. After my college degree, I resided for thirteen years in Gaylord (snowbelt of Michigan). I moved to Cadillac, MI, to teach college and lived there for five years. My family and I moved to Winston Salem, North Carolina in 2018. We had enough of the snow and cold (but I’ll always be a Michigan girl).
- Maize and Blue run through my veins. Not only did I earn my Bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan, I also earned one of my Master’s degrees from there, as well. It’s okay if you’re MSU or OSU fans. I won’t judge you (too much). 🙂
- I’ve earned several degrees. I only mention this because when it comes to editing your work, your manuscript is in good hands. I earned a B.A. in English and Psychology, as well as secondary education certification in 1999. I then earned a M.A. in Education from Spring Arbor University in 2005, then I went on to earn a M.A. in English Language and Literature in 2013. To top it all off, I earned my doctorate degree from Central Michigan University, focusing on Educational Leadership. (My husband likes to joke, “Are you done yet?” And yes, hon, I’m done now.)
- I have a beautiful family who I love with all my heart. My husband and two sons are my treasures from God, and I am so blessed to have them in my life.
Beyond all of this, I have three main passions: God, writing, and teaching.
- Teaching is what I do. I’m a veteran educator. Fourteen years teaching K12 high school (with some middle school thrown in…), and several years teaching at the college level. Currently, I am English & Communications faculty at Livingstone College.
- I love the written word. I get thrilled when stories come alive in my head. I write everything: fiction and nonfiction. Even though I enjoy creating worlds and story ideas, I also enjoy reaching people through nonfiction narrative and Biblical application(s).
- My first book hit stands July 25, 2016! The title is No Longer Rejected: A Women’s Journey from Rejection to Freedom. I hope that you will all pick up a copy and share with anyone, especially women, who struggle with self-worth and doubt.
- My second book to be released is actually a historical novel, The Secret Heir. It is a retelling of the story of David. It was released July 2018, by Heritage Beacon press (an imprint of Lighthouse of the Carolinas).
- My third book was just signed on with Illuminate YA for my inspirational young adult novel, Finding Home. Release date is pending.
- If I can encourage and help other people, then my time has been well-spent.
- Lastly (though He comes first), I love God most of all. I am passionate about Who He Is, and Who I Am In Him.
So nice to meet you! I’d love for you to join my email list and get weekly encouragements from me!